Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category

Lackford Parish Council meeting – revised date and venue

March 8, 2017

Please note, the Parish Council meeting scheduled for Monday, 13 March 2017 at 7:30 PM in Lackford Church, has been changed to: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 7:30 PM at the Lackford Lakes Visitor Centre.

Everything else in the previously published agenda remains the same

John F Sadler

Clerk to Lackford Parish Council

Advertisements

Lackford Parish Council – Agenda

October 1, 2016

In compliance with the obligations for Lackford Parish Council under the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities we now publish the following information:

The Agenda of the Parish Council Meeting to be held at Lackford Church on Monday, 10 October 2016 at 7:30 p.m. is published in the following PDF file:

councillors-notice-agenda-2016-10-10-no2-001

LACKFORD PARISH COUNCIL

July 16, 2016

In furtherance to the Audit Notice posted on the noticeboard in Old Bury Road, and in compliance with the obligations for Lackford Parish Council under the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities, we now publish the following information in PDF format:

  1. Audit Notice setting out the period for the exercise of electors and details of Auditor (Appendix 5) and a Summary of electors rights (Appendix 6), Appendix 5 & 6
  2. Annual governance statement (Section 1) and Statement of accounts (Section 2) (Note: the statement of accounts is un-audited and subject to change),  Annual Return Sections 1 & 2
  3. A Bank reconciliation and a Statement of any significant variances, Bank Reconciliation & Significant variations – 
  4. The Internal audit report (Section 4), 2016Annual Return Section 4
  5. An explanation setting out reasons for refuting the comments of the internal auditor, An explanation setting out reasons for refuting the comments of the Internal Auditor
  6. Details of Assets. Asset Register – 001

All items of expenditure are published in the Agendas and Minutes of the Council.  These are published prior to and following Council meetings in compliance with the Code.

John F Sadler.

Clerk & RFO to Lackford Parish Council

 

Lackford Parish Council – Draft Minutes

May 24, 2016

In compliance with the obligations for Lackford Parish Council under the New Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities we now publish the following information:

The draft minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at Lackford Church on Monday, 09 March 2016 at 7:30 p.m. are published in the following PDF file:  Minutes 2016-03-14 – No 4 – 001 draft JFS

 

 

Lackford Parish Council – Agenda for APM & AGM

May 3, 2016

In compliance with the obligations for Lackford Parish Council under the New Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities we now publish the following information:

The Agenda of the APM & AGM of Lackford Parish Council to be held at Lackford Church on Monday, 09 May 2016 at 7:30 p.m. is published in the following PDF file:

Councillors notice & Agenda 2016-05-09 – No1 – 001

Lackford Parish Council – Agenda

March 8, 2016

In compliance with the obligations for Lackford Parish Council under the New Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities we now publish the following information:

The Agenda of the Parish Council Meeting to be held at Lackford Church on Monday, 14 March 2016 at 7:30 p.m. is published in the following PDF file:

Councillors notice & Agenda 2016-03-14 – No4 – 001

Lackford Parish Council – Agenda for APM & AGM

April 14, 2015

The Agenda for the Annual Parish Meeting and Annual General Meeting of the Parish Council to be held on Monday, 11 May 2015 is published in the following PDF file: Councillors notice & Agenda 2015-05-11 – 002

Fast Broadband in Lackford

April 18, 2014

Recent communications with the Business Development Specialist looking after the Suffolk Better Broadband Programme at Suffolk County Council has revealed some interesting potential progress regarding Lackford gaining more reliable, and hopefully faster broadband. 

What follows are a number of statements made in recent communications. We will all need to wait until July at the earliest to know for sure whether Lackford will receive fast broadband, and then it may take a further year or so for any upgrades to go ahead.

I personally think this is a positive sign. In the meantime, please do keep registering interest for fast broadband with your current supplier. Also, should your current broadband be lower than 1.5 – 2.0 Mbps then please do ask your supplier why. Many houses in our village get at least these speeds, so everyone else should also.

 

The Suffolk Better Broadband Programme

The Suffolk Better Broadband Programme has secured government funding (£11.68m) and SCC funding (£11.68m) to intervene in the broadband market in Suffolk.  Under existing commercial activity, BT and Virgin Media served around 60% of Suffolk premises with fiber broadband. However, there was no commercial appetite to serve the remaining 40% of Suffolk, which were the more dispersed areas which were harder to reach and hence represented a weaker case for investment.  We have used our funding to extend the fiber coverage from 60% up to around 90%, and also provide an underpinning commitment to provide at least 2Mbps to everyone by the end of 2015.

  • The roll-out programme is progressing extremely well.  We are currently at around 26,000 premises passed. This is ahead of target by around three months.
  • By Autumn 2015, we will have served 100,000 premises, giving a total coverage in Suffolk of 90% fibre, and an underpinning commitment that 100% will get at least 2Mbps.
  • Phase one is completed. Phase two is underway, and phase three will be surveyed in the coming few weeks.
  • Areas which have gone live are published via the email alerts, and the website is up to date showing the coverage information.
  • A newsletter is being developed which will be based around the previous newsletters but also include detailed coverage information for current and next quarters of deployment.
  • We have secured an offer of additional funding to push coverage from our current 90% fiber target up towards 95%. We are currently leading the process nationally to spend this funding.  Local match will be required.  We expect to announce additional coverage June / July.  We won’t stop seeking funding and raising our coverage targets until everyone in Suffolk has the connection they need.

What about Lackford

Lackford is served from a green street cabinet located on the junction of Old Bury Rd and the main Mildenhall Road.  At the moment, our funding did not stretch to include this cabinet in our roll-out plan.  That is to say that it is in the 10% of the county which is not subject to a fibre upgrade, but is absolutely subject to our minimum commitment of at least 2Mbps by September next year.

However, the better news is that we have now secured additional funding, with which we are seeking to add  additional fibre coverage to Suffolk, pushing fiber coverage across the county up to the mid nineties.  We hope that this will provide for an upgrade for the Lackford green cabinet, bringing fiber broadband and hence excellent coverage into the village.  In terms of timescales for this, we are aiming to sign a contract for the additional coverage in July this year.  At that point we will know for sure if and when we will get fiber to Lackford (and in doing so deliver something much better than 2Mbps!).

The extra coverage which Lackford requires should run in parallel with the end of the existing roll-out, and also continue into mid 2016, so we wont know for sure until July.

Faster broadband

June 5, 2013

As many of you may know, Suffolk County Council (SCC) and central government have funded the Better a Broadband for Suffolk Programme, contracting with BT to build a brand new super fast broadband network across the county. Once the programme is completed in 2015, 90% of Suffolk premises will be served by fibre optic based broadband (as opposed to the old copper lines we currently have), and the remaining 10% will have varying speeds between 2Mbps and 24Mbps.

Full details of the scheme can be found on their website at http://www.betterbroadbandsuffolk.com.

According to their line check page it appears that Lackford should be getting faster broadband in the first part of 2014, although there are no specific details yet on exact timings or the actual speed we will get.

I would recommend everyone registers their interest on the website to show we are keen and to stay up to date with progress. It is also worth asking your current internet provider (ISP) about fibre broadband in Lackford and register your interest through them.

November 12, 2012


%d bloggers like this: